Friday, April 06, 2007

Easter Dinner: Desserts

After the appetizers and the meal comes the piece de resistance - dessert.

This year I am making three desserts.

The first is my sister's favorite. Using the Kraft recipe for Pineapple Lush, I substitute a yellow cake for the angel food cake. I also use regular pudding and regular Cool Whip. I know, I turn a relatively low-fat, low-calorie dessert into a fattening, calorie-filled monster, but I have a reputation to uphold. My desserts need to be decadent and delicious! Otherwise, why bother?

Normally, I make a chocolate cream pie with homemade crust, but since I am trying to simplify my cooking this Easter, I am making this Hershey Bar Pie, using a Special Dark bar, in place for the regular Hershey bar.

Finally, I am making homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I am baking it in a pan the makes individual egg-shaped cakes.

I'll post pictures tomorrow after I am done making them.

No comments: