Sunday Morning Muffins...er, Scones
This Sunday I didn't make muffins before church, so I don't have a recipe for my new Sunday Morning Muffins series.
Big E woke up Thursday morning unable to move his neck and had to stay in bed (actually in my bed where the only TV in the house is) for a couple of days. I have been wiped out between waiting on him and not having him around to help me with Little E (he is my mama's helper). By the time Sunday rolled around, he was still not 100%, so he and I stayed home from church.
I was too tired to get up and make muffins, so instead, I made scones while Not-So-Crafty Daddy and the other two boys were at church, so we could have them with tea in the afternoon.
I wanted a recipe that didn't use buttermilk. I was delighted to find a recipe on the King Arthur Flour website that uses yogurt instead. Though in hindsight, it seems a logical substitution, I never would have thought of it. They were, by far, the most scrumptious things I have ever tasted - and I am a baked-goods maven.
Here is the recipe link. (I omitted the lemon and used frozen blueberries, thawed, in place of the fresh.)
No comments:
Post a Comment