Soft Banana Cookies
I gleaned this recipe form a Highlights magazine at the dentist office the other day. Big D had about a half-dozen appointments for some dental work over the last two months. Ugh! I swear I make him brush, really I do.
Anyway, we made these earlier today and I just had to go put some up for Not-So-Crafty Daddy before they are all gone! They are soft like banana muffins, with a slightly crispy cookie bottom.
Soft Banana Cookies
2 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mashed banana
Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
Mix in 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/3 of the banana, and repeat until everything is mixed in.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. (They rise, so don't worry if they look small.)
We placed a walnut half on top of ours before baking, for an added touch.
Bake in 350-degree oven for 15 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown.
1 comment:
Thanks for posting this! I'll be trying it this week. :-)
Post a Comment